Cogent CamCaster – SD / HD video transportation via 3G/4G, WiFi & ethernetT
The Cogent ‘CamCaster’ is a lightweight, compact and highly portable uplink unit designed for installation on the back of a broadcast camera, and powered with NTT’s class-leading H.264 video encoding technology.
Intended for use on bonded 3G/4G LTE cellular and / or WiFi networks, the CamCaster offers up to ten bonded cellular connections plus WiFi and LAN connectivity. The unit offers a wide range of features and capabilities for live broadcasting, including selectable video formats (including SD & HD), adjustable latency, tally and intercom. The high performance, flexible feature set and low cost of the Cogent CamCaster make it an ideal solution for live video / audio contribution, both ‘on-the-move’ and from fixed locations for users such as television reporters, news journalists, new media content providers, etc.
- H.264 encoding using superior NTT technology
- Up to ten 3G/4G LTE/WiFi modems (“dongles” / “sticks”) can be bundled together
- Supports network adaptive dynamic coding Bit Rate: 500kbps ~ 12Mbps
- Supports both wired and wireless networks
- Supports multiple cellular network providers for hybrid transmission and aggregated performance
- SD/HD-SDI interface
- Supports Tally (red /green) & Intercom
- Aluminium alloy chassis for strength and durability
- Embedded processor for stable operation
- User friendly control and monitoring
- AES 128 encryption (optional)