Cogent MobiCaster – 3G/4G News Gathering Mobile App
The Cogent MobiCaster News Gathering system is specifically designed for use on IOS / Android devices, such as mobile phones and tablets. The MobiCaster app performs live video/audio transmissions in the field, transferring the data to a receive server via 3G/4G or Wi-Fi connectivity.
As well as co-ordinating the operation of the remote devices, the server enables decoding of the incoming IP Transport Stream (TS), either ‘on board’ or via a separate IP decoder.
The MobiCaster solution is designed to provide high quality live broadcast ingestion at a low bit rate. The MobiCaster solution consists of the Mobile transmitter /uplink device (Moblie phone, tablet, etc), the ‘receive’ server and a decoder. As well as enabling the decoding of the incoming Transport Stream, the server may also be used to store and/or record the stream.
- Can be used on most operating Systems (OS); Google compatible.
- Software or hardware encoding.
- H.264 /AAC encoding.
- Able to support up to 200 transmitters on the receive server.
- Low delay.
IOS app settings
• Displays realtime data rate during transmission with audio level & signal strength.
• Ability to change Camera resolution – 640x480p, 1280 x 720p, 1920 X 1080p (typical, device dependant).
• Frame Rate: 15, 25, 30, 50 and 60.
• Delay 2 to 10 seconds selectable.
• Bit rate up-to 8000kbps.